Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a license or permit to ride my electric bike?
- None of the e-bikes we sell require any form of license or registration. That is great for you because it means your e-bike gets treated like a normal bike and is free of regulations and allowed on all bike paths. More powerful and expensive bikes do, however, require a license.
Can I get my money back if I don’t like my e-bike?
- Yes you can. There is a 15 day money guarantee on all electric bikes. This means you can receive a 100% refund on any e-bike within 15 days of the purchase. The bike must be unused and returned in the exact same condition you received it in.
Is there a warranty on my e-bike?
- Yes there is. The specifics of the warranty vary depending on the manufacturer. You can find more details on our product warranty page. If any part arrives damaged or faulty, a replacement for the part will be shipped to you for free.
What if I need a new battery, tire or some other part?
- We do not sell new batteries or parts on our website, but you can always email us and tell us what part you need. We will order the part for you from the manufacturer or direct you straight to the appropriate product page.
How long can the battery last before it needs to be replaced?
- This varies depending on the type and power of the battery, but almost all will last at least 500 full charges which will get you thousands of miles. Most people never use up an entire battery, so it is not something that should effect your decision making. After 500 full charges, you will probably want to get a new and better e-bike anyway.
How far can I go on one charge?
- That depends entirely on the bike. It can range from as low as 20 miles per charge for a lower end e-bike to as high as 50 miles on some e-bikes such as the e-Joe GADIS, e-Joe EPIK SE and Green Bike GB-5.
How much does it cost for me to charge my bike?
- It only costs about $0.15 of electricity to fully charge a battery. That’s less than 1¢ per mile…
Will my electric bike come assembled?
- All e-bike models are a little different, but most arrive 90% assembled. You may have to attach the handlebars, seat or front wheel. All e-bikes arrive with an instruction manual so if you know how to tighten a couple of screws, you will have no problems.
Does my e-bike need regular maintenance?
- Many that do not own an electric bike think that they come with many maintenance issues, but that is not at all true. When it comes to the motor and battery, you can basically set it and forget. The battery may eventually need to be replaced, but that is thousands of miles into the future. Besides charging your battery when necessary, all you need to do is check the tire pressure regularly and keep the bike chain lubricated like any other bike.
Can I ride my electric bike in the rain?
- Yes you can. Electric bikes are made to be waterproof, so you are in no risk of getting shocked or damaging the bike. Just don’t leave it out in the rain for days at a time or drive it into the ocean, that’s not good for any kind of bike.
What if my electric bike needs to be serviced?
- Just because you bought your electric bike online, that doesn't mean you can't have yours serviced by e-bike professionals. You may put thousands of miles on your electric bike with no troubles, but eventually they will need to be serviced, so if you are ever having problems with your electric bike, you can visit your nearest electric bike shop and they will be happy to help. Make sure to call first so they know the make and model of your bike to ensure that they are familiar with it. There are over 200 electric bike shops in the US, you can follow the link here to make your search a lot easier.